THE REGIONAL BIOSECURITY
Hosted by Secretariat of the Pacific Plant Protection Organisation (PPPO)
2. Mission and Goal
The mission of the regional strategy on aquatic biosecurity is to provide a regional framework for the harmonization, development and implementation of coherent aquatic biosecurity policies at national level.
The effective implementation of aquatic biosecurity policies will achieve the following goals:
- Improve the sustainability and productivity of the aquaculture sector.
- Maintain the traditional and cultural uses of aquatic resources in the Pacific Region.
- Facilitate the development of potentially new aquaculture production systems.
- Maintain and strengthen the capacity of the aquaculture sector to engage in fair trading practices.
- Protect the health and biodiversity of aquatic organisms and aquatic ecosystems.
- Maintain the high health status levels within the region.
Copyright © 2020. Pacific Community.