THE REGIONAL BIOSECURITY
Hosted by Secretariat of the Pacific Plant Protection Organisation (PPPO)
7. Guiding Principles
The effective development and implementation of aquatic biosecurity will take place:
- Through an engagement process that will inform, consult, involve, collaborate and empower governments, businesses, communities and people in PICTs.
- In a culturally sensitive, economically viable and environmentally friendly manner.
- In a technically accessible manner.
- Promoting gender equality and the participation of women across the decision-making spectrum.
- Promoting long-term sustainable production and trade.
- Promoting economic development and benefits at regional, national and local levels.
- Recognizing the importance of risk analysis in existing and future aquaculture developments.
- Maintaining and enhancing the health of aquatic stocks used by the aquaculture sector.
- Enhancing regional networking of existing and future human and technical resources.
- Promoting transparency and accountability in reporting.
Copyright © 2020. Pacific Community.