THE REGIONAL BIOSECURITY
Hosted by Secretariat of the Pacific Plant Protection Organisation (PPPO)
5. Specific Objectives and Expected Outputs
5. Specific objectives and expected outputs
Objective 1 – Governance: To harmonize, develop and promote enforcement of coherent national aquatic biosecurity policies, regulations, procedures and practices.
- Outcome 1.1 Regulatory framework on aquatic biosecurity is reviewed and updated at National level.
- Outcome 1.2. Enforcement strategies are defined and implemented.
Objective 2 – Practises: To improve aquatic biosecurity practises and infrastructures at National level.
- Outcome 2.1. National databases on aquatic animal health are improved and/or developed, including the broaden of terrestrial animal health databases to include aquatic diseases.
- Outcome 2.2. National and regional capacities on health certification for live aquatic organisms are built.
- Outcome 2.3. National and regional capacities on relevant disease diagnosis, surveillance and reporting are built.
- Outcome 2.4. National and regional emergency response plans for key aquatic species and key diseases are developed.
- Outcome 2.5. National and regional capacities on risk analysis applied to the aquaculture sector are built.
Objective 3 – Transfers of aquatic species: To assure responsible use and control of aquatic species translocation and introductions in the context of aquaculture activities, through the development and implementation of standardised Import Risk Analysis procedures.
- Outcome 3.1. National and Regional capacities on Import Risk Analysis applied are built.
- Outcome 3.2. Guidelines for the preparation of Import Risk Analysis for the movement of live aquatic organisms are developed.
- Outcome 3.3. National and regional capacities on quarantine for live aquatic organisms are built.
- Outcome 3.4. National infrastructures and operations for quarantine of live aquatic organisms are improved and developed.
- Outcome 3.5. National and regional capacities on border control are built.
Objective 4 – Training and cooperation: A coherent regional approach to capacity building and collaboration in aquatic animal health and biosecurity with particular reference to diagnosis, surveillance, reporting, certification quarantine, border control and the prioritising of research and development activities.
- Outcome 4.1. Regional major research and education areas on aquatic biosecurity are identified and developed.
- Outcome 4.2. Major capacity building needs are identified and developed.
- Outcome 4.3. Regional cooperation on aquatic biosecurity is promoted.
Copyright © 2020. Pacific Community.